I don’t like Spam!
Prevent contact form spam submissions by integrating the WordPress Comment Blocklist. Compatible with Ninja Forms, Caldera Forms and WPForms.
- Short story behind this plugin: In May 2020 a spam botnet continuously sent spam messages through WordPress contact forms powered by Ninja Forms, which was very frustrating to a lot of users and administrators. Something had to be done about this.
- Not reinventing the wheel. This plugin makes use of the WordPress internal Comment Blocklist. Blocklist validation in webforms is an easy and effective way to combat spam and prevent the same patterns of junk emails from appearing in your inbox over and over again.
- Customizable. You can (temporarily) define your blocklist in the dashboard and retain full control of acceptable form submissions. The error message can be modified in the Theme Customizer.
- Privacy by design. No captchas. No data sharing with third-parties. No external APIs. No logs. Just native WordPress functions.
- Currently the plugin is only compatible with Ninja Forms (see #1), Caldera Forms and WPForms.
- If you ask yourself why we picked this specific plugin name and a viking helmet as plugin icon you should watch the video* below ;)
Background © Unsplash CC 0
*Just for fun. Video source © Vimeo