Please note: This is a Starter Theme meant for hacking and should not be used as a Parent Theme. No autoupdates will be available for the code base.
Full Site Editing is a new editing experience that makes the whole site customizable via blocks and therefor significantly changes the development process of WordPress Themes.
- Full Site Editing is still experimental so you need to install and activate the Gutenberg plugin first!
- Download the Starter Theme and unzip it in the /wp-content/themes directory of your WordPress instance
- Make sure that npm is installed on your system
- Open the Project folder in your Terminal/Shell and run the following command to install all required packages:
$ npm install
- Run the watch script and start developing by editing the frontend SASS/JS assets. You can also modify theme.json to change the global FSE settings for the block editor including the CSS variables. The following Web service may help you to create a custom configuration: https://gutenberg-theme.xyz
$ npm run watch
- Open a page and edit the template in the Block Editor or launch the Site Editor to setup the existing templates
- The site logo and the navigations needs to be setup in the template parts
- (Optional: Read and understand the following guide https://developer.wordpress.org/block-editor/how-to-guides/block-based-theme) Afterwards go to https://them.es/setup to see how to setup and use the Theme on your instance